Upcoming Events in Frederick, Oklahoma
Girls On Main
Girls On Main will be Thursday, November 15th from 4-7 p.m. Shoppers are encouraged to visit at least ten (or more!) retailers to earn their chance at $100 in Chamber Bucks. Each shopper will be given a postcard at their first business with a list of all participating retailers. At each visit they will get a stamp or signature then at their last stop leave their postcard to be entered into the drawing. Many businesses will offer Girls On Main only sales and treats.
2018 Christmas at Pioneer Townsite Tree Decorating Contest
Theme: Christmas Carols Come to Life
Criteria for Tree Decorating Contest:
Participants will provide all trees, lighting, and decorations.
- Height of the trees should be between 6’and 8’.
- All live trees should be in containers. All trees must be securely tied down.
- You may display a sign stating the “theme” and identifying the business and/or organization.
- All decorations should be securely attached to tree limbs.
- A sign or ribbon displaying participant’s name may be placed on the tree. Please ensure any sign or ribbon is securely fastened to the limbs.
- Tillman County Historical Society will assign locations for tree placement. Location assignments will be made as applications are received.
- Access to electricity will be provided by Tillman County Historical Society.
- Tillman County Historical Society is not responsible for any damage to or stolen items from contest tree entries.
- Keep in mind that decorations will be exposed to various weather conditions as well as birds, squirrels, and other visitors to the Townsite.
- Contest winners will be announced on KYBE following the parade on Thursday, December 20.
- 1st Place and People’s Choice winners will each receive a $100.00 cash prize.
Set Up, Judging, and Take Down Information:
- Tree locations will be assigned by TCHS; a map will be provided for participants.
- Trees should be set up for display at the Pioneer Townsite from November 27 – November 30.
- The Townsite will be open for set up from 11:30 – 2:30 and 4:00 – 7:00 on set up days.
- Judging will take place on Friday, December 9.
- People’s Choice voting will be open from December 3 until December 19, during regular business hours.
- The trees may be taken down beginning Thursday, December 27. All trees and decorations must be removed by 2:30 p.m., Friday, January 4, 2019.
- The applicant is responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the tree while on display.
Criteria for Judging:
- Effective Representation of the Theme
Please return completed form to Pioneer Townsite Staff at the General Store or at TillmanOKHistory@mail.com.
For more information, call (580) 335-5844 Tues – Sat 11:30 – 2:30, or contact Cacy Caldwell, (580) 335-1499.